Boston’s edtech startup program
LearnLaunch Accelerator is greater Boston’s leading edtech startup accelerator. After a highly selective application process, LearnLaunch Accelerator provides the most promising edtech startups worldwide with seed funding, an unmatched team of mentors, intensive coaching and all the tools needed to grow a successful edtech startup.
We believe our companies will create enormous value in the education sector, which is 9% of the U.S. economy and growing rapidly around the world. Our entrepreneurs are passionate about student engagement and learning, as well as empowering educators with great tools and solutions. We are focused on getting them the resources they need to grow.
LearnLaunch Accelerator is accepting applications for its fourth cohort through June 30, 2015. APPLY HERE.
THE LEARNLAUNCH ACCELERATOR PROGRAM
The LearnLaunch Accelerator program is designed to help early stage edtech entrepreneurs successfully grow their startups. Founders participate in a three month residential program in Boston, Massachusetts, where they are immersed in a community of like-minded professionals committed to helping them grow their businesses. The goal of LearnLaunch Accelerator is to advance the product and market development process so that entrepreneurs will be able to secure the resources they need to grow. LearnLaunch Accelerator provides seed funding ($100k of value – $18k in cash – for 6% equity) for companies selected to its cohort. Participating companies meet weekly with mentors who push them to identify and take the most leveraged next steps to grow their products and companies. During the program, companies regularly interact with leading edtech experts. LearnLaunch Accelerator has also developed an edtech-focused curriculum that provides tremendous insight into how to navigate the education industry.
INTENSIVE HANDS-ON COLLABORATION
During the first month of the residential program, LearnLaunch Accelerator works with companies to test their key assumptions and then develop an individual work plan. During the second month, founders work with their mentors on company-specific issues, such as customer interaction, user interface design, and product development. In the final month of the program, founders develop an action plan, including strategies for launching their product, expanding their company, and pitching to investors.
LearnLaunch Accelerator continues to guide and support companies for three months after they finish the accelerator program to help them grow their startups into thriving companies. LearnLaunch Accelerator has graduated 13 companies across two cohorts. The program for the third cohort of companies started in February 2015. The next program will begin in September 2015. LearnLaunch Accelerator will be accepting applications for its fourth cohort from May 1 2015 through June 30 2015.
LEARNLAUNCH ACCELERATOR’S SELECTION CRITERIA
LearnLaunch Accelerator evaluates companies based on the following criteria:
- Potential for growth and profitability: We examine a company’s market potential, business model, product, and customer development strategy to evaluate its likelihood of success.
- Uniqueness: We look for products and services that bring innovation to the education technology and learning markets.
- Team Capability: We assess the experience of the founding team, how well the team aligns with its business needs, and how well the team understands its organizational needs.
- Impact Criterion: We evaluate how the business will impact society and the broader learning environment.
Overall we are looking for motivated and committed entrepreneurs who are passionate about their businesses. Clarity of expression is also highly valued.
LearnLaunch Accelerator’s next accelerator program begins in September 2015. For more information, email email@example.com.
LEARNLAUNCH ACCELERATOR PERKS
As a participant in the LearnLaunch Accelerator program, you will have access to many perks and discounts valued at over $100K. Our partners are as committed as we are to helping our edtech entrepreneurs grow their startups into successful companies. Perks include:
- FUNDING from LEARNLAUNCH ACCELERATOR:
- $18k in cash of seed funding
- Free office space for up to six months
- CLASSES AND EVENTS with LEARNLAUNCH INSTITUTE:
- Participate in a range of free and discounted events
- Meet and connect with entrepreneurs and industry leaders
- Showcase your products to the larger edtech community
- Learn new skills and grow your networks
- MENTORING from EDTECH LEADERS
- Gain valuable experience from edtech leaders
- 90+ mentors
- PARTNERSHIPS with CENGAGE:
- Mentorship from Cengage executives
- The opportunity for private demo sessions
- PARTNERSHIPS with PEARSON:
- Mentorship from Pearson executives
- An opportunity to join Pearson’s rapidly growing partner community of independent software vendors
- The opportunity for private demo sessions
- HOSTING from AMAZON WEB SERVICES
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) delivers a set of simple building block services that together form a reliable, scalable, and inexpensive computing platform “in the cloud” built upon the same technology that Amazon.com uses to run its global web properties. These pay-as-you-use services include Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon SQS, and Amazon FPS. Companies of all sizes, from all across the globe, are using these solutions to power their websites and workflows – everything from SaaS applications to social networking sites.