You’ve decided to take the leap into the edtech startup space, and it’s time to get your accounting structure in place. As you start off, it’s important to define what kind of entity you want to be, what products (like Stock-it) might be able to help you – or bite you – when it comes to accounting and taxes, and understand what it means to have qualified small business stock or other stocks. If you are lost already or need a refresher on what it all means, this session is for you.
During this session, participants will:
- Assess how your type of entity might affect your accounting and tax practices
- Outline the types of records that are important to keep
- Identify ways to keep your books organized
- Explore important due dates and filing times
- Examine how important R&D is when you are figuring out the cost of developing a new product