THE LEADING EDTECH STARTUP PROGRAM
Edtech Focused Programs
Mentors in Network
LearnLaunch Accelerator provides the most promising edtech startups worldwide with seed funding, an unmatched team of mentors, intensive coaching and all the tools needed to grow a successful edtech startup.
Seed funding of up to $120k
Connections to 150+ mentors
Free office space and discounted services
Free access to classes, events, and thought leadership provided by LearnLaunch & The Capital Network
Targeted curriculum and personalized company plans
Access to strategic partners and investors
Access to a cohort of edtech startups
Intensive coaching from partners with decades of edtech experience
Check out the program descriptions below, as well as a quick video, frequently asked questions, and some case studies from companies we’re already working with!
TWO PROGRAMS, CUSTOMIZED FOR WHERE YOU ARE IN THE JOURNEY
Our entrepreneurs are passionate about student engagement and learning, as well as empowering educators with great tools and solutions. We are focused on getting them the resources they need to grow. No matter where you are in the journey, LearnLaunch can help.
Boost is a three-month residential program designed to help early-stage entrepreneurs successfully grow their startups.
- Targeting early stage companies
- 6-10 companies per cohort
- Up to $70k investment. ($20k investment for 6% at start of program. Additional $50k convertible note if milestones are hit)
The LearnLaunch BOOST program is a three-month program designed to help early stage edtech entrepreneurs successfully grow their startups. Founders participate in a residential program in Boston, Massachusetts, where they are immersed in a community of like-minded professionals committed to helping them grow their businesses. The goal of LearnLaunch BOOST is to advance the product and market development process so that entrepreneurs will be able to secure the resources they need to grow. LearnLaunch provides seed funding ($20k for 6% plus potentially up to $50k in additional funding) for companies selected to its cohort. Participating companies meet weekly with mentors who push them to identify and take the most leveraged next steps to grow their products and companies. During the program, companies regularly interact with leading edtech experts. BOOST has also developed an edtech-focused curriculum that provides tremendous insight into how to navigate the education industry.
During the first month we work with companies to test their key assumptions and then develop an individual work plan. During the second month, founders work with their mentors on company-specific issues, such as customer interaction, user interface design, and product development. In the final month of the program, founders develop an action plan, including strategies for launching their product, expanding their company, and pitching to investors. The program culminates with presentations at the LearnLaunch Accelerator Demo Day in June.
LearnLaunch continues to guide and support companies for three months after they finish the accelerator program to help them grow their startups into thriving companies.
Breakthrough is a distilled four-week boot camp designed to help edtech companies that are beyond seed stage.
- Targeting post-seed stage/pre-series A companies
- 4-6 companies per cohort
- Up to $120k in investment ($50k convertible note at start of program. Additional $70k convertible note if milestones are hit.)
For companies with a bit more traction, LearnLaunch Accelerator’s Breakthrough Program is designed to help early stage education technology companies by providing critical access to strategic partners and financing entities. Your company is beyond seed stage, and we realize that as you gain momentum it becomes more difficult to join our campus for an extended period. That’s why Breakthrough is structured to provide assistance specific to the needs of your company, and to provide it in a condensed and intensive timeframe.
We do more upfront before your arrival, so that we can provide a distilled four-week boot camp while you’re here. During the pre-accelerator phase of the program, we will start introducing you to our mentor and partner network and will create a personalized four week plan for your company. During the accelerator program, you will be meeting regularly with your mentors and lead LearnLaunch partner to make sure you are hitting your goals and milestones. The program culminates with presentations at the LearnLaunch Conference in February.
Beyond introductions, we can help you leverage those connections to your greatest advantage. LearnLaunch Accelerator provides intensive company-specific workshops in areas such as business model optimization, finance, and product roadmapping. Success is about being prepared when opportunity strikes. Breakthrough helps you prepare for exceptional opportunities. Companies accepted into the Breakthrough program receive up to $120k in funding.
MEET THE TEAM
GET ACCESS TO BOSTON’S TOP MENTORS
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Q. CAN YOU PROVIDE MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE ACCELERATOR PROGRAM?
A. LearnLaunch Accelerator is the leading edtech startup accelerator. After a highly selective application process, LearnLaunch Accelerator provides the most promising edtech startups worldwide with seed funding, an unmatched team of mentors, intensive coaching and all the tools needed to grow a successful edtech startup.
LearnLaunch Accelerator is located in Boston, and provides two programs customized to the edtech entrepreneur. The Boost Accelerator program is a three-month residential program designed to help early stage entrepreneurs successfully grow their startups. The Breakthrough Accelerator Program is a distilled four-week bootcamp designed to help edtech companies that are beyond seed stage.
LearnLaunch Accelerator expects to hold one Breakthrough program each fall and one Boost program each spring.
Q. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR BOOST AND BREAKTHROUGH PROGRAMS?
Q. WHY SHOULD MY COMPANY JOIN THE LEARNLAUNCH ACCELERATOR PROGRAM?
Q. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LEARNLAUNCH ACCELERATOR AND LEARNLAUNCH INSTITUTE?
Q. ARE THERE DEMO DAYS?
Q. DOES MY COMPANY FALL INTO THE EDTECH CATEGORY?
Q. HOW LARGE DOES MY TEAM HAVE TO BE TO APPLY?
Q. CAN I APPLY IF I DON’T LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES?
Q. CAN I APPLY IF I DON’T HAVE A PROTOTYPE/BETA?
Q. WHY SHOULD A COMPANY JOIN LEARNLAUNCH ACCELERATOR INSTEAD OF ANOTHER ACCELERATOR PROGRAM?
Q. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS NOW?
Q. HOW ARE SCHOOLS, PARENTS, TEACHERS AND ADMINISTRATORS INVOLVED?
Q. MY COMPANY WAS NOT ACCEPTED TO THE LAST PROGRAM. CAN I REAPPLY?
Q. ARE TEAMS REQUIRED TO RELOCATE TO BOSTON?
Q. OUR COMPANY IS A NON-PROFIT. CAN WE APPLY?
Q. IF WE HAVE ALREADY TAKEN SOME FUNDING, CAN WE STILL APPLY?
MORE INFORMATION AND DIRECTIONS
Applications have now closed
Directions for the BOOST Program Application:
- Access the application here.
- Fill out the f6s application, answering all the sections as best you can. If you are unfamiliar with f6s or need assistance, contact their support team.
- When answering questions, please do not refer to other documents that you may upload.
- A pitch deck is required. Suggested guidelines can be found here. Remember to be concise.
- A one-minute video or screencast of your product is required.
- Provide another video of the co-founders introducing each other and explaining what each person’s role is. Do not introduce yourself. Introduce one of your co-founders and have one of your co-founders introduce you. This is also required. Please limit introductions to one minute per person.
- You can update the information in f6s as often as you want until you submit your application.
- Once your application is complete, we will review it and may contact you to provide additional information.
- Select applicants will be invited to make pitches via Skype or in-person in November, December and January. In-person pitches for finalists will take place at our office in Boston. Final decisions will be made in December and January.
- Pitch Deck Guidelines
- Sample Speakers & Topics
- Being a part of the LearnLaunch Accelerator by Thomas Ketchell, CEO of Hstry
- Deciding to grow QuadWrangle with LearnLaunch Accelerator by Nick Zeckets, CEO of QuadWrangle
- Why a company with more than $1M in revenue joined LearnLaunch Accelerator
For questions about the accelerator program application please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LearnLaunch Accelerator Program Informational Webinar
November 16, 11:00am
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
TO STAY INFORMED ABOUT IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
BASED IN BOSTON
THE EDUCATION CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU