Contact: Jim McManus
email@example.com, (617) 523-0038 x-2
BOSTON, MA, September 12, 2018 – LearnLaunch Accelerator today announced its eighth cohort of early-stage education technology companies. The nine companies, from France, Israel, Pakistan, and across the United States, are tackling educational challenges ranging from mapping critical thinking skills in the classroom to career readiness platforms.
“We are always amazed by our entrepreneurs’ ability to spot the areas where change is needed most,” said Tetyana Astashkina, General Partner, LearnLaunch Accelerator. “We are thrilled with this cohort. It is very diverse both in terms of geographies, but also in the range of edtech they represent: Early Ed, K-12, Higher Education, and Workforce Edtech. We are especially proud that five out of nine companies have female entrepreneurs on their founding team. ”
The participating edtech startups are:
- Beagle Learning (Phoenix, Arizona) – Beagle Learning trains and quantifies 21st century skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, and team building, using Beagle’s proprietary question productivity platform.
- Charmtech Labs (Stony Brook, New York) – Charmtech Labs is reinventing reading with Capti, its inclusive and personalized literacy support tool. The app can convert any content into a playlist using text to speech technology and is backed by a significant set of reading assistance features.
- Cue Career (Los Angeles, California) – Cue Career is a career exploration and workforce development platform connecting students to professional and trade associations.
- Curio Learning (Louisville, Kentucky) – Curio Learning is a visual organizer for teachers to get creative and discover new ideas, curate them beautifully, and collaborate with other teachers around the world.
- hihilulu (Paris, France) – hihilulu is the first streaming platform for Chinese learning in early childhood. It creates a Chinese language environment with rich content and a personalized learning experience.
- Just Learn (Tampa, Florida) – Just Learn develops compact modular Aquaponic ecosystems to fuse nature, technology, and curricula into engaging hands-on STEM experiences for K-12 students.
- Majorwise (Boston, Massachusetts) – Majorwise is the High School Career Service solution that provides students grades 10-12 with local internship, volunteer, and job shadow opportunities. By tracking and managing the entire process in their platform, they significantly reduce admin time and ensure students receive credit.
- Orbit (Islamabad, Pakistan) – Orbit is revolutionizing the learning process by using AR/VR to create engaging 3D visualizations of key STEM concepts and systems taught to students.
- Proprep (Tel Aviv, Israel) – ProPrep provides STEM students in Higher Eduction with clear and simple video tutorials and assessments personalized for each syllabus.
The companies will take part in LearnLaunch Accelerator’s Boost program in Boston for the next three months. During that time they will address challenges and identify key strategies and resources to overcome them, supported by a strong network of Mentors, Venture Partners, and funders. Each company will emerge from the program ready for next stages of funding, deployment, and growth. They will present at the Investor and Channels Summit on September 27-28 and pitch at the LearnLaunch Across Boundaries Conference Demo Day on January 31, to an audience of investors, service providers, and community members.
About LearnLaunch Accelerator
LearnLaunch Accelerator is the leading early stage edtech startup accelerator. LearnLaunch Accelerator provides the most promising education technology startups worldwide with up to $120,000 in seed funding, a personalized development plan, sector specific curriculum, and a network of industry focused mentors, intensive coaching and all the tools necessary to grow a successful edtech startup. It offers investors a diversified platform of early stage companies in the rapidly growing edtech sector. For more Information, visit www.learnlaunch.com/accelerator or follow us @LearnLaunchX.
LearnLaunch is dedicated to connecting, supporting, and investing in the education technology ecosystem to drive innovation and transform learning. It offers a vibrant community, educational events, a collaborative co-working space, and a selective accelerator program to promote the growth of the edtech sector. LearnLaunch is based in Boston, a global education hub. Learn more about LearnLaunch Accelerator, Campus, and Institute at www.learnlaunch.com and follow LearnLaunch on Twitter at @learnlaunch.